When people ask me what the best thing to do in Australia when they visit is, I always suggest the Great Barrier Reef. I always hear people complaining that the tours are too expensive, everything costs money etc, however, if you’re travelling to Hamilton Island and you don’t go scuba diving in the Reef, you’re truly missing out! Here are my top 5 must do/see when you visit Hamilton Island:
- Snorkelling & Diving: You MUST do this when you are in Hamilton Island. The Great Barrier Reef stretches over 2000kms of marine wonderland. What you see underwater will blow your mind and give you an image you’ll never forget! If you have never been snorkelling or diving before, there are so many tours and guides that are happy to help you out if you need it. They provide all the gear and equipment for you. It may be a bit expensive, but it’s so worth it!
- Boating: If you’re not keen on the whole breathing under water thing, you can definitely do some exploring on a day trip on a boat! These boats often offer a package which includes scuba diving (for those who aren’t keen on going all the way) and snorkelling gear as well as lunch. These are awesome tours that take up a whole day!
- Helicopter ride: As amazing as the view is below, imaging having a bird’s eye view of the entire reef. Helicopter rides are so popular in these locations as the views are absolutely breathtaking. Take a helicopter ride around town and remember to snap some good photos for Facebook!
- Beach walking: Amongst all the sea creatures, you’re able to lay out on the numerous beautiful beaches that Hamilton Island has to offer. Going for a romantic walk is the ultimate priceless experience when visiting this location, especially during dusk when the sun is about to set.
- Relax: This is probably the one most common thing that I advise when going to a place like Hamilton island. You can easily be overwhelmed by all the water activities you can do when going to an island that you almost forget to relax and when there’s only a day left, it’s too late! Make sure you take the time to soak in the atmosphere and fresh air. Make sure you relax and have an amazing time!
5 very simple yet amazing experiences for you to do in Hamilton island!